Information And Costs
There are different program options available to the inquiring teacher. Each one varies for the amount of time and is dependent upon and coordinated with, the Nepali school’s term.
School session starts in the middle of April and ends in December. A teacher will be able to start teaching in April and will be able to stay for increments of a month, starting with 3 months and as long as 8 months.
The cost of the program, including the airfare that you will pay for, will likely add up to be less than the current cost of living your day to day life in an apartment in America or Europe.
The program will decrease in price per month as you extend the amount of time you spend in Nepal as a teacher. On average, depending on the season and price of the Nepali rupee, the cost for one month of teaching will be $1,700. Every additional month you stay in Nepal, the cost will be $500-700. The money will be distributed in a socially responsible way, please read below.
Below costs are estimates:
3- months = $3,100
Every month after the 3rd will cost $500 USD.
Each program is priced based upon the amount of time you will be living with the host family and the different activities you wish to participate in.
- The monthly cost will be received by your host family to fund room and board expenses.
- Your Nepali school will receive money to fund the costs of text and instruction, and a donation to improve the school’s facilities.
- Some cost will fund Trek to Teach. This final incremental cost will be utilized to expand the program further and promote more teachers to change the lives of more students in Nepal.
Please inquire further about costs via the Contact Us section. Please include the amount of time you are interested in teaching in Nepal.
We know and understand that participating in Trek to Teach can be a financial burden. We have prepared a way to mitigate your financial obligation through personal fundraising efforts. When you decide to participate in Trek to Teach, together we can create a fundraising page upon the Trek to Teach website. You can create a video and personal message or use the ones that we have below. Send your personal page out to your friends and family and you will be pleasantly surprised to see how quickly people will want to help you! To make it even sweeter... all of their donations will be tax deductible!
- A successful teaching experience
- Katie arrives at her school in Tolka
- Katie Robertson's Fundraising Page
- Trek To Teach Has Become An NGO